Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Jumping RX

I took both girls to a jumping class last night.  That was a challenge.  Switching the girls in and out of the kennel went well at first, but either Gracie got worked up by another dog near by or she was sick of sharing "her" kennel because she started going after Gidget.  Gidget wouldn't stay while I worked with Gracie so she ended up tied to a railing where she behaved really well.  So, once they're in the same class on a regular basis, I'll be getting a second kennel.

The were 6 jumps set up in a big oval, basically two connected pinwheels, with a jump in the middle parallel to the middle jumps of the pinwheels.  We practiced front crosses, rear crosses, and post turns.  Both girls did really well.  I think Gracie missed only one jump the whole night and only messed up one rear cross, she was pretty awesome (away from her kennel anyways).  Gidget was awesome too of course.  I did try to work on distance with her, and layer a pole which didn't work so well, but we have this great new big building so distance and layering will come, it'll just take a while.  Our instructor also mentioned that I need to work on getting Gidget faster.  She's capable of it, I'm just too gentle/easy going with her, especially when I'm trying to get her to do a specific move.  The last thing Gidget and I did was take all the jumps in a circle as fast as we could.  It was fun, now I just need to bring that into other agility tasks.

I did fail at getting that trial report on here.  I have a few minutes to get the videos up now, so hopefully the report will be up tonight, tomorrow for sure!  Happy agility!

No comments:

Post a Comment