Saturday, March 26, 2011

Long Tunnels!

Our second to last tunnels class was today and it was fun as usual.  We did a front cross similar to that of last week's except with two long tunnels.  No problem for Gracie!  Then we did more work with a straight tunnel and the chute, except the instructor held the dog at an angle to the tunnel and we'd release them into the tunnel.  We worked with the chute held up just a bit since Gracie wasn't quite to the point of running through the flat chute last week.  I ended that drill with a flat chute and Gracie took it no problem!  Gracie did have issues looking at the tunnel when I released her so she'd run to me and not the tunnel.  I just had to wait for her to glance at the tunnel before releasing her and that took care of the problem.  Next was some rear cross work with a short straight tunnel.  We'd start tunnel-dog-handler and the handler would flip the dog into the tunnel then turn and meet them at the other end so that the dog ended up on the opposite hand that they were flipped with.  No troubles for us here, except Gracie wanted to go ahead into the tunnel before I flipped her.

Lastly we had a mini tunnel course!  Nothing fancy, just two tunnels connecting to the front cross drill we did earlier.  The second tunnel was a yellow tunnel, one I remember Gidget having an issue with early on, and Gracie went in the first time and turned around and came back out.  I have no idea why... can I blame the yellow?  Anyways, no issue our second attempt.  We even ended the course with a rear cross!  Next week we're being tested with a full tunnels course.  I can't wait!  Happy agility!

No comments:

Post a Comment