Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Jumping With Gracie!

Only took Gracie to the jumpers class last night.  Gidget has a couple more days before she can back to class since that darn cough.  The class focused on converging and call offs.  There were 6 jumps in two parallel lines that we'd do in a horseshoe shape.  We used a different type of turn/cross each time we did the jumps.  First we'd do all 6 jumps then we'd only do 4, two on one side and two on the other forcing us to call our dogs off that third jump in the line.  Gracie and I did really well.  I kept my focus on the last jump in the set of 3/2 and she jumped really nicely, quickly, and didn't have to check in with me overly.  We even pulled off the front and rear crosses quite nicely, though the rear cross definately has a lot of room for improvement.  She did knock a couple of bars, so I'll have to watch and see if I can figure out what's causing that.  More practice with series of jumps at faster speeds will help with that too.  I used a C-set to start Gracie on the jumps for some reason.  I use a startline wait with Gidget and was planning on doing so with Gracie too.  It'll be good to be able to do both though so we'll just see where that goes.  Happy agility!

No comments:

Post a Comment