Sunday, January 8, 2012

First Class of 2012


Black Course:  Pretty basic, just needed a rear cross over 6, oh and cue Gracie early enough for jump 5 that she doesn't go running off to that oh so fun tunnel.

Red Course:  Gracie ran 1-10 with 9a instead of the correct 9 (oops! I made it more difficult, but I thought it was fun), and Gidget ran 1-13 with the correct 9.  After the A-frame you had to make sure to pull your dog into you somewhat to send them to the correct side of the tunnel.  Then I had to remember to hang back so my dogs could find the weaves properly, other wise I'd push them past the first pole or two.  Once my dogs were committed to 6, I had to book it over to the landing side of 7 for a front cross.  Seriously had to run pretty darn fast for both dogs.  Then for Gracie I did more front crosses after 8 and 9a, Gidget just got a post turn to the tire and on to the end.

Blue Course: Just Gidget ran this course.  Front cross after 7 and a rear cross over 10.  A front cross after 8 could also work if your dog has a good send to the tire, it is just a pinwheel after all.

Green Course:  This was just something fun and speedy to end the class with, just have to remember to pull your dog into you a bit to send to the correct tunnel entrance (5-6).

No comments:

Post a Comment