Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Another Week Another Class

I took the girls to open jumping last week.  Nothing fancy, just a circle of 6 jumps plus a jump in the middle set so that you could do a serpentine from one end of the circle to the other.  Worked on focus with Gracie, crosses with both dogs, and fun and speed with Gidget.

Here are the courses from class.  We only had to do one course without cones in Gidget's class, the red course, which I had just run with cones with Gracie. 

Black course: The tire was pulled away for this course.  A couple 180 like setups to start with.  Front cross turn into the tunnel at 7 and rear cross to the weaves.

Red course: Serpentine!  Everyone tried starting this course a couple different ways as there are so many ways to handle serpentines.  I know I tried a lead out, but can't remember what else I tried.  Front cross after 4, then dog on your left the rest of the way.

Blue course: There are several ways to handle 1-2-3, I went with a lead out and a front cross jump wrap.  Rear crossing or treating it like part of a serpentine also would have worked along with other options.  I meant to do a front cross after 5, but didn't get myself into position.  Ended up doing a rear cross flip to the tunnel that lead Gidget to do a really wide turn, not so pretty but it worked.  Others had more luck with that option.  Then another serpentine to end it.

Gracie had a much better class last week.  We did a lot of mat work in between runs.  Then I gave frequent rewards while running.  The combination kept her pretty focused.  I was very proud of her.  Gidget's class didn't go quite as well, but that was my fault.  I needed someone rewarding me for focus after all that work with Gracie!

No comments:

Post a Comment