Tuesday, February 7, 2012

She Did The Chute!!!!

Gidget and I were in a trial this past Sat.  We had a good time and were done by 1pm, a nice early day.  Exc JWW was up first, a nice change since STD is first at most trials.  It was a nice course and Gidget ran very well.  She got distracted by a fan blowing at the end of the weaves so she skipped the very last pole.  Then she went around the last jump.  It seems the path we were running didn't include that last jump, had I cued her into me a bit we would have been fine.  Here's the video:


Next was Exc STD.  I was really hoping for our first Exc STD Q, we didn't get it but still had a major success... Gidget did the chute!  She completed the weaves toward that fan this time too.  I messed up in several places though.  I over managed the first tunnel entry causing her to go past the chute.  I didn't connect with her as much I thought I did after the weaves so Gidget took the tunnel instead of the A-frame.  Finally, I stopped moving while sending her to a jump so, like a good girl, she stopped too.  But she did the chute!!!  Here's the video, it's blurry but you can still see what's going on.


So there were a few things to learn from that day, hopefully I'll remember them.  Our next AKC trial is at the same place in March (assuming we aren't wait listed).  Our Q's are coming, we've got the separate pieces fairly solidly (contacts are still occasionally jumped, but not like they used to be), I just need to help Gidget put those pieces together correctly.  Happy agility!

No comments:

Post a Comment