Monday, May 27, 2013

Gracie Back at Soccerblast!

Gracie's second trial ever at Soccerblast went a lot better than the first.  She hit all her contacts, no flying this time.  She didn't actually get her "bottom" position on the A-frame all day, but she hit the yellow and I know she was nervous.

Open STD was up first.  I really liked the opening.  A lot of people had trouble getting a front cross in and keeping their dog off the dog walk.  I decided not to do a cross, but tried a scoop after the second jump instead.  I saw no one else try this (though I only watched the big dogs) which surprises me because it worked really well.  Unfortunately I didn't get any video of this.  Gracie was definitely nervous, and when she's nervous she has trouble hitting her weave entrance.  So she refused the weaves, twice I think, but the judge didn't call it.  This meant we got a 2nd place Q and our open standard title.  I wish this gift wasn't for her title, but I'll take it.  She weaved perfectly the rest of the day so I'm going to go ahead and move her up for our next trial.

Exc JWW was up next.  She was perfect, a little slow likely due to nerves, but otherwise perfect.  Only got video of the end of the run: Gracie Exc JWW.

After a nice long wait, we got ready for Time to Beat.  The course was rather dizzying, but fun!  I was worried at the start that she was going to go visit a bar setter as she did a strange jump in that direction at the start line, but she didn't.  She ran nearly perfectly with me again (just skipped her "bottom").  She got a Q and 5 points toward her title. Gracie T2B.

We'll be back at Soccerblast in a month.  Hopefully Gracie will be a little less nervous next time and will run with a little more speed.  I love running with Gracie no matter her speed.  She does everything I ask and seems happy just to be working with me, I can't ask for much else!

Gidget ran in this trial too, but I have some thinking to do for her report.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Gracie enjoys the Soccerblast. Great video (Gracie T2B), looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete