Monday, July 29, 2013

More Soccerblast!

Gracie and I were back at Soccerblast, not this past weekend but the weekend before.  I'm getting behind on my trial reports!  We had a good time, no high stress moments, and nice runs that I messed up mostly.

The runs were in opposite order from what we're used too, JWW first.  This was Gracie's very first Masters JWW run!  It went wonderfully!  I know she can go faster than that, but that's stress related (so far as I can tell) and is improving.  Gracie earned her first 7 MACH points in this run!  Here's the video:

Exc STD was up next (no Qs here yet).  The run was lovely, but Gracie skipped the last two weave poles.  Video:

We had a third run that first day, T2B!  I love doing T2B with Gracie!  We had a nice run, though we did have to repeat the weaves.  We got a Q and 2 pts. 

Sun. had the same run order.  Gracie was pumped for her first run which made it easy for me to push her around a jump.  That and repeating the weaves threw me off and the rest of the run was just messy.  We completed the course but got a few R's.  That first part of the run was really nice though and I was happy with her attitude.

Last but not least, Sun. Exc STD.  I went and messed up Gracie on this one, she did everything perfectly, including her weaves!  There was a serpentine and I tried to do a backy-uppy at the third jump for a tighter turn toward the A-frame, but forgot to say jump.  She came into me instead of taking the jump.  Really I don't need to be trying to be all fancy in trials like that (especially in STD) until Gracie's confidence is way up.  Sorry I messed you up Gracie!

Gracie seems to be following Gidget's footsteps when it comes to Exc STD, which of course makes me think it's something I'm doing, but I don't know what.  Probably some sort of mental block.  I've got to figure something out to keep Gracie's Exc/Mas career from being a repeat of Gidget's.  Then I need to get Gidget back and get her moving forward.  Not thinking about it too much may be a good place to start.  Happy agility, remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment