Wednesday, February 12, 2014

CD-C!

Gidget earned her very first obedience title on Feb. 1!  It was the most beautiful performance she's ever done!  Her attitude was perfect, next to no lagging, looking off at other things, or sniffing!  She got a 190 and 1st place.  She lost no points on her moving stand and exam.  Only thing... she shouldn't have Q'd at all :(

She stood up for a second during the honor stay!  Mostly my fault of course.  I was playing with her as we were waiting for our stay, but I didn't see the working dog enter the ring.  So all of a sudden the judge was asking if we were ready and obviously we weren't.  Oops!  I quickly got Gidget in a sit and said yes.  I never actually said stay.  Lucky for us, the judge had the steward judging the honor stay (she apparently didn't remember the rule change that our last judge had specifically mentioned that the judge is supposed to judge the honor stay).  The steward apparently looked away just as she stood up and looked back just after I got her to sit back down.  He came over and mentioned this to me, saying he couldn't actually NQ us because he didn't see her get up for sure.  The judge missed a couple other honor stay rules as well.  She had us facing the gate but the rules say the honor dog should be facing into the ring (that one is pretty minor), and she started out saying she wanted all the dogs to do a sit stay.  Someone must have said something to her on that second one though since several dogs did do a down stay.

Anyways, the honor stay isn't a big deal in my mind and is something I know she can normally do.  The rest of her performance was so awesome though, she totally deserves that title!  Happy obedience!

No comments:

Post a Comment