Monday, March 3, 2014

Teacup Serial Trial Part 2

More teacup for Gidget and I last Fri. night.  Another game and another standard course. 

The game was Jackpot, which means a distance challenge.  Gidget and I have never specifically practiced distance work.  The hard part, coming out of a tunnel going away from the handler and to the tire, had already caught several dogs.  Part way through the superior class they started using a buzzer/whistle to mark the end of the opening sequence.  Well this noise was a little too close to the sound of the fire alarm at home and I suddenly had a shaking pup sitting in my lap.  I was worried she wasn't going to run at all!  Thankfully she proved me wrong and ran quite nicely.  We easily gathered 41 points in the opening (should have been 46 but someone jumped the A-frame contact) and heading for the closing, the Jackpot.  Gidget handled it like a rockstar.  Teacup sized distance isn't a problem for her!  Another game Q for Gidget!  Sorry, no video.

The standard course was fun, and Gidget must have just managed to get a toe in the yellow on the A-frame.  We got a Q and now we're only 1 standard Q away from Gidget's TSAD title!  This one I have video of.


We'll be working on that A-frame contact and getting ready for Gidget's upcoming AKC agility trial!  Happy agility!

No comments:

Post a Comment