Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Weaves and Jumps

I took both girls to open weaves tonight plus Gracie had her advanced jumping class.  I was super proud of both girls' weaving.  Gidget was super fast and accurate.  I think she's getting into the habit of faster weaving as long as I run faster and have a big party for those speedy weaves.  Could those slow walking weaves be in the past?  Probably not quite yet, she'll have to transfer that skill to the trial ring which may take a bit more work.  It won't be long though!  Gracie had some great solid weaves during her turns.  She got the set of 6 poles perfectly almost every time.  She may have had more iffy 12 pole weaves than solid ones, but it was still better than the last time I ran her at open weaves, progress!  It did help that the class was less crowded and spread out using the entire room instead of sharing the room with another class.  I do think that much business still worries Gracie, but we're working on it.

We worked on 270s in Gracie's jumping class.  I had a little issue getting my turns down and pulled Gracie through the middle a couple times.  I have more trouble with post turns with 270s (or 180s) than front crosses.  I guess I need to act like I'm doing a front cross til the last minute then do my post turn.  We also threw the tire into the mix.  It was Gracie's first time seeing the tire and she figured it out quick as usual.  She was jumping her full tire height in just a few tries.  Next week she'll see the double and triple jumps and get to run a bit of a jumpers course.  It'll be fun and it's the last class, which means that in 2 weeks Gracie will move the the Thur. night level 2 agility!  Gidget's in level 3 but I don't think Gracie will be catching up too soon, I'm not in a rush.  Happy agility!

No comments:

Post a Comment