Monday, August 22, 2011

Oh No! The Chute!

Gidget and I were in a trial this past Sat.  Our Open JWW run was up first.  The course had a couple pinwheels and some good front cross and rear cross opportunities.  Even after working a lot on front crosses in class recently, I managed to mess them up.  Not enough to NQ, they just weren't pretty.  We ended up with a 1st place Q!  Only one more Open JWW Q needed to title!  Here's the video:

After a nice long wait (not as long as the poor novice teams had to wait), our second run was up.  I did not want to make the mistake I had at the last trial and end up running to the start line.  Gidget had gotten a good nap sprawled across the laps of myself and my mom, had left the trial with us for lunch, and overall seemed well rested.  Apparently she was well rested because she ran very nicely for her Open STD run.  No slow, poky Gidget this time (well except in the weaves where the judge suddenly became a big concern for her but she didn't pop out), she wasn't at her fastest but I was happy with her speed and energy.  We were so hoping for a title, but apparently we've got some work to do.  First Gidget jumped the dog walk contact, then she was good until that darn chute.  She's gone through chutes at this location before.  She's always had trouble with extra strange chutes, but I didn't expect any trouble from this one, ugh.  Does anyone have a practice tunnel we could borrow?  My mom was having camera trouble so only half the run is here.  There was another front cross after the tire that I think went way smoother than the ones in the JWW course.  That was followed by some fun 180/tunnel maneuvering that we pulled off without a hitch.  Overall I was happy with the run.  Happy agility!

1 comment:

  1. When Lyric was having chute trouble I traveled with a cardboard box and a tarp-helped a lot!

    ReplyDelete