Friday, April 27, 2012

Awesomeness

I had class with the girls last night and man were they on fire!  Even after spending the day at work with me, getting their nails done, Gracie getting her butt squeezed, and Gidget getting a VOM (veterinary orthopedic manipulation) treatment!  I think I've discovered the key to getting my girls pumped and focused.  Tricks! 

With Gidget I've always done some tricks before a run to get her warmed up, but I've found that doing a couple of her favorites at the start line really gets her going.  She's also more up for some direct play, that is playing just with me, no toys, after a few tricks which also gets her pumped up for her next run. 

With Gracie I've been focusing on focus.  We always to some mat work before her runs to get some good focus.  Her issue has been that she's really nervous at the start line.  After a few good tricks she could barely take her eyes off me and was ready to go!  One of the courses we did last night ended with the tire.  I looked back over my shoulder and watched her soar through it, what a sight!  I was certainly out of breath after every run last night, man I need to get exercising.  Now to hope these trick benefits will carry over to a trial.  Guess I'm gonna have to find time to take them to weird places and work on tricks and play.  Happy agility!

No comments:

Post a Comment