Monday, August 13, 2012

Random Stuff

There are a few things I've been meaning to post about recently and haven't gotten to them.  So I'm posting them all together now.

Gracie has mastered "Bang" at least to the point that I care about.  She doesn't look dead in the slightest.  I could work on things like keeping her head on the floor and closing her eyes, but don't feel like it right now so that will have to be a future project.  Anyways, here's a video of me training the behavior and the final (for now) product.  I love the training part of the video as she starts offering random behaviors in hopes of finding the one I want.  She likes doing handstands but normally does them against a wall.  She tried offering some anyways which highly amused me.  Might have to turn that into a new behavior sometime soon.

Currently Gracie is working on "Sit Pretty."  She started offering the air kicks for that too.  Gidget is also working on a play dead behavior!

Speaking of Gidget, agility is going very well for her.  I have some video from an outdoor class before our last trial when we were really just getting some good work done with tossing Froggie (her toy) and trading it for a treat.  She was showing some major improvement.  She's continued to improve since then with her only issue of skipping jumps.  I wish I had video of class this last Thur.  She was spot on!  Happy, fast, and not a single obstacle missed!  Ok, maybe there was one bobble, but we were able to go back and fix it without hurting her attitude at all!  I honestly don't remember what the bobble was, but I do remember fixing something with her.  I guess the memories of all the good she did in that class have squeezed out the memory of any mistakes.


Gidget and I went to an obedience walk through recently.  It was at the same location that she'll hopefully be in a trial at in Sept.  The lady that ran the walk through said we'd qualify.  She did do very well considering it was our first walk through in a new location.  We still need to work on a straight sit after recalls and our heeling was not very pretty.  She seemed to be too distracted to completely focus on me.  She stayed with me, but lagged behind sniffing instead of looking at me with her usual smile.  So this month we will be working on heeling in new places.  Hmm... how to fit that into my schedule.  We've managed one trip to Petsmart so far and will be doing another one today.  We've done some work outside and in the halls of my apt. building.  We're traveling the next two weekends so that should give us some good opportunities to work.  Sept. will be here much too quickly!

Our schedule for the rest of the year:
Aug. 25: Gracie is in a CPE trial in La Crosse
Sept. 8: Both girls are in an AKC trial in La Crosse
Sept. 22: Gidget's first AKC obedience trial!
Oct. 20: Both girls will run the CAT, first time for Gracie!
Oct. 27: Another AKC trial in La Crosse for both girls.
Nov. 17: Last agility trial for us for the year, AKC in La Crosse.
Dec. 1-2: Suzanne Clothier seminar!

I think we'll be busy enough!  Happy agility... and all things dog related!

No comments:

Post a Comment