Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Gidget Back in the Agility Ring!

Dec. 6-8 was a very busy weekend for us.  On that Fri. we started moving!  We didn't move far, just to a bigger apartment down the hall, but it still took a lot of work!  Of course, before I knew what our moving date was, I signed Gidget up for a CPE trial to get her back in the agility ring.  So Gidget and Gracie spent most of Fri. at the animal hospital I work at while AJ and I worked on moving.  I picked them up around 10pm and we went to bed.  Gidget and I got up bright and early the next day for our trial.  We got there just in time for Gidget to get measured and then we sat around for hours waiting for the two classes I signed Gidget up for.

Full house was up first.  I signed Gidget up for this one so we could go out and just have fun!  There was one point that we were headed towards the gates and Gidget thought it was over, but I got her back to earn a few more points before it was really over.  Gidget took 1st place with 32 points!

Standard was the other class Gidget was entered in.  Gidget's in level 3 so it was a pretty easy course.  I'm not complaining, I think that was good for us.  A nice easy positive experience in the ring.  It went really well too!  The one spot that had us heading for the gates did not have Gidget thinking the run was over!  She had a really nice tight turn heading back the other direction!  Another 1st place Q for Gidget!

I decided to start Gidget back up in CPE for several reasons.  It was cheaper so there was much less "wasting money" pressure (if only I were rich, then that thought would never cross my mind).  The CPE crowd is fun and pretty laid back.  Gidget's in level 3 so the courses are easier.  There are games where a specific course doesn't matter.  All things that would help keep this a fun, happy experience for both of us.

I was pretty happy with myself as well.  I didn't get terribly nervous and I didn't get frustrated with Gidget (not that I had reason to).  I'd like to eventually get Gidget back into AKC but for now I think we need to keep practicing being happy and having fun at trials!  Happy agility!

No comments:

Post a Comment