Tuesday, December 3, 2013

November in La Crosse

Gracie and I were at a trial in La Crosse one last time... almost a month ago now.  Yup, very behind on my trial updates.  There have been a couple challenges in class I've wanted to write about too, just too busy!

T2B was up first again.  Gracie wasn't at her top speed by any means, but she was solid.  She qualified and no one else did!  The dogs that NQ'd were all slower than Gracie too.  So our very first 10 point T2B Q!  Gracie is halfway to having all the T2B Qs she needs for her title, but is quite a ways off from the 150 points needed.  She has 36 points so far.  Not worried about getting there eventually!

STD was up next.  All was looking good until the last two poles of the weaves.  Went back and repeated them successfully (after taking a bonus jump on the way back around).  The table was right after the weaves.  A dog shortly before us had peed on the table and they cleaned it up with stinky cleaner.  Just what Gracie needed when she's already having table trouble!  Needless to say, she refused to get on the table so we moved on.  That last stretch of the run was really pretty, made up for the not so good stuff.  I like the beginning of this video.  Gracie and I ended up having to wait for quite a bit for adjusting timers and something else.  At first you can see how stressed Gracie is, lots of tongue flicks (calming signals!) and just not wanting to focus on me.  I keep working with her though, and by the time we're just about ready to start I have her focused and playing with me (without treats!)  Yet when we lined back up, she didn't want to sit for some reason.  Oh well, it's fun to see all the same.

Last but not least, JWW.  I messed up Gracie on this one.  I took a tunnel entrance for granted and she took the other end.  Bad handler!  I don't know for sure what I did or didn't do, you can't see me on the video.  (My dad, the guy who's worked in the TV industry for years now, can't seem to film an agility run properly and has trouble with my camera.)  It turned out though that Gracie was accidently entered in Exc instead of Mas and I missed it on our confirmations!  So I'm saying I subconsciously new this and messed her up on purpose so we wouldn't get in trouble.  Besides that one little blip it was a lovely run!

So now that I'm caught up, Gidget has her first agility trial since May this weekend.  We're also moving this weekend so who knows how the trial will go.  Our goal is definitely fun!  Though it'd be nice not to have any obstacle issues either.  The following weekend is Gracie's next trial.  We've had a little time to work on our table troubles, but we could use a little more.  I would really like to qualify in Exc Std sometime soon!  We're switching trial locations again though so I'll have to focus on low stress.  I'll be pretty happy if she completes the weaves, holds her A-frame bottom, and we don't get into any trouble while waiting our turn.  Happy agility!

No comments:

Post a Comment